Decision making in a cost-cutting environment – how robust is yours?
news / March 6th, 2015
New: Robust Decision-Making. The ideal vehicle to support key decisions in a cost-cutting environment.
March 6th, 2015
The Oil and Gas Industry is facing a period of financial pressure which impacts on operational costs and resources. History tells us that, every time there has been a cost-cutting environment, major incidents have occurred off-shore.
Prepare your key people to make robust, accountable decisions that support your organisation’s commitment to safety.
A seminar that delivers improved decision-making skills and a strategic plan for cost reduction.
This highly interactive session is facilitated by Forum Interactive and co-supported by strategic safety expert Tim Ingram (SSC) and global incident investigation expert, Rod Sylvester-Evans.
The seminar is tailored to the specific needs of each group and their challenges (suitable for Directors, MDs, FCOs, Senior Managers, decision-makers).
• To prepare key decision-makers for cost-cutting measures.
• To highlight the communication and leadership actions required to ensure a robust management of safety and its accountability.
• To highlight what contributes to and influences the quality of decision-making process.
• To examine the implications of the impending HSE ‘Case for Safety’ legislation.
Participants will have a greater understanding of the impact of their strategic decisions on the integrity of plant, people and process, set against the legal and financial repercussions from a catastrophic event.
• Using an interactive ‘live-action’ case study, participants examine the elements of on-shore decision-making processes which have a catastrophic impact on an off-shore event.
• Using an open-forum process, participants will challenge their own assumptions and discuss different perspectives with colleagues to support their strategic SMS planning.